Automatic Employee Code Generation
Every new hire is assigned a unique code which is generated by the system once they are hired by a company.
This employee code acts as an identity to the employee and helps track both Payroll and Hr activities in the company.
When onboarding /adding an employee into the system, we need to enter their employee code.
There are two options to add the employee code.
- Manually enter the employee code as per the records.
- Auto-generate the employee code.
The first option is where we key in the employee code manually.
The second option is the auto-generation of the employee code.
To enable the system to generate the employee code automatically,
Go to Settings
Click " Setup Rules"
In "Login using" select "Employee code" from the drop-down.
Check the box" Generate Employee code automatically".
Enter the "Code Format"
Set the Code Format giving
- Prefix- any alphabet/number before the starting number specific to the company.
- Starting Number
- The suffix- any alphabet/number before the starting number specific to the company.
- Width of the code. ie the limit / maximum number of characters for the employee code allowed.
In the onboard /add employee screen, when you add the employee, the code will be automatically generated.